Country Financial Sector Profilesback

Financial Sector Overview

At a Glance

Source
Population in thousands (2017): 2,533.79
GDP per capita (current US$) 2017 - World Average 10,721.61: 5,230.77
Account (%) age 15+) - (2014 vs 2017): 59% | 81%
Agriculture Orientation Index - Credit ( Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries share of GDP) (2015 vs 2016): 0.77 | 0.69
Financial Inclusion Strategies: • Namibia Financial Sector Strategy: 2011-2021• SADC Financial Inclusion Strategy 2016-2021
Domestic credit provided by financial sector (% of GDP) 2017: 78.8
Made or received digital payments in the past year (% age 15+) (2014 vs 2017): 44% | 71%
Remittances % of GDP for 2017: 0
Mortgage Interest Rate / Mortgage Term (years): 11.50% | 20

Donor Projects Database

Projects

Latest News & Events

May 20, 2019 | New Era; All Africa
Newly proposed banking legislation will limit foreign ownership to 75 percent while the remaining 25 percent should be al
May 13, 2019 | Namibian; All Africa
THE Agricultural Bank of Namibia (Agribank) has offered farmers in arrears with payments a debt relief package that requi

Latest Publications

Jul 31, 2018 | FinMark Trust | FinMark Trust
Apr 30, 2017 | A.B. Fanta, K. Mutsonziwa, B. Berkowitz et al. | FinMark Trust
Oct 31, 2016 | The World Bank | The World Bank
Jul 06, 2016 | Z. Brey, S. Chisadza, A. Ludin et al. | FinMark Trust